Japanese obi

Reborn project with Maru-Obi

5:46 AM

Good morning All! Today is 1st of June. That's means already 6 months have passed this year!
Time goes fast! Speaking of June is "June bride." I go back to Japan from the middle of June for my sister's wedding! I can't wait to see them! I have many things to do there.

Before I go back to Japan  I want to make some bags for my family and friends as small gift. 
I started my japanese obi project with this beautiful Maru obi→New projects

Handmade by MashtonMashton

What's is Maru obi? Japanese Obi type

I cut this beautiful Maru obi for this project.  It always, always makes me pause to cut Japanese obi. Because it is too beautiful too cut... but without cutting it I can't start my project so thats what I do!
Inside of Japanese obi is like this picture. This one doesn't have much woven thread inside which means sewing is not too difficult. The Japanese obi which have many brocade is very hard to cut and sew. Sometimes they break your sewing machine. I had this issue with my sewing machine many times...  I learned from my failure so now I know what kind of Japanese obi are good for my projects. 

Handmade by MashtonMashton

Handmade by MashtonMashton

This time I will use japanese kimono material as inner line.  This kimono is made from silk. It has a beautiful smooth texture.  I have lots of motivation to make new items!  I will keep you posted my projects!  

Thank you for reading! Have a great day all!

Masumi.xo

You Might Also Like

0 コメント