Japanese obi

Rebone from Japanese Obi!

7:31 AM


Good morning, Everyone!
Finally my projects is done! I made clutch/sholder bag from Japanese obi!
This is the only one in the world! Because of the material! Japanese obi is antique and can't find same  patturens again. Also the way you cut Japanese obi the desiwill be different.
It was very hard to sew once you cut Japanese obi because the material is heavy and woven.  Also you need courage to cut this beautiful japanese obi by scissors! Actually that was the hardest part!:)

Handmade by MashtonMashton

Handmade by MashtonMashton
After I made something from Japanese obi, I wanted to make something different. I like to use traditional patturns and design but sometimes it's boring. You need something fun, spicy, edge, eye catching.  I want to make something that collaborates with today's trend. Meantime I was thinking and I got idea an for my next project.  I bought beautiful Pleather ostrich from sewing shop the other day. I thought it could be great collaboration between Japanese obi & Pleather ostrich.
I made several patturns and started sewing.  Both material are heavy.  It was not easy to sew and some parts I needed to sew by hand.  So after project is done my fingers hurt. 


Handmade by MashtonMashton


Handmade by MashtonMashton
This bag is reversible.  You can use both side.  One side is Japanese style and the other side is today's style. You can use both side depend on your feeling, fashion, and style!
Also you can hold  bag from behind of big ribbon.   


Handmade by MashtonMashton
Handmade by MashtonMashton
                   


Inside of bag, I used japanese cotton fabric and have 3 pockets where your phone can fit.  This project was hard but it was rewarding to make something new from Japanese obi.  I'm glad someone use my handmade item in overseas.  It's like Japanese obi is rebone and travelling the world!

I will post some other items from Japanese obi soon. 


Thank you for reading! 

Have a great day!

Masumi.xo

★Here is my insagram. Follow me :)★
My Instagram : https://instagram.com/mashtonmashton/

You Might Also Like

0 コメント