Japanese obi

Reborn Japanese obi Collection #9 tote bag.

6:55 AM

Handmade by MashtonMashton
Antique  japanese obi reborn to beautiful tote bag.

Handmade by MashtonMashton

Handmade by MashtonMashton

Handmade by MashtonMashton

Handmade by MashtonMashton

Handmade by MashtonMashton

Handmade by MashtonMashton
This bag was custom ordered and shipped to Japan.
The bag handles are also made from the same fabric.  I used kimono fabric inside of bag. Actually, That's light pink kimono was from my customer. She gave me her kimonos when I was in Japan last time. Her kimonos were beautiful but she said "I have too many kimonos and some of them I don't wear anymore. But its too wasteful (MOTTAI NAI) to take them to the trash." I completly understand her feeling. Because Japanese kimonos and obis are just gorgeous. In the past, kimonos and obis are passed down through the generations from grandmather to mother, mother to daughters etc... But for some reason today, we don't have much opportunity to pass kimonos and obis to the next generation and wear them.  Those kimonos and obis are sleeping in the closet. It's a shame.

That's why I do my "Reborn"projects.  Every time when I finish a project I feel good because I made a new thing and give it new life! The biggest thing is I am pleased when my products are used by somebody!

My passion is on now! :)

Have a good day, Everyone!

M.xo



You Might Also Like

0 コメント