Japanese obi

Reborn with Japanese obi collection Part 8 Maruobi.

6:58 PM



Handmade by MashtonMashton

Good evening all!  Today I spent all day for my project.  Here is the newest item from MashtonMashton.  "Beautiful Maru obi Tote bag." 

Handmade by MashtonMashton
I used kimono fabric as the inner liner.  Texture is good because it is silk. 
Tote bag size  W 20 x H 12'5 x D 6 inches. 



Handmade by MashtonMashton
  I used a Maru obi for this tote bag.  Maru obi has design on both sides and is gorgeous.  This Maru obi has Chrysanthemum, Phoenix, Japanese folding fan, Pine tree and Kikko(Hexagon) as its design.  All of these designs mean happiness.  That's why people wear Maru obi for wedding ceremony and special event.
This  article has additional meaning of the design detail. →Meaning of Japanese obi design.


Handmade by MashtonMashton
Handmade by MashtonMashton
Handmade by MashtonMashton
Sewing a Japanese obi is difficult.  Sometimes the heavy material breaks your sewing machine!!!  I always appreciate my sewing machine once I finished my project. Since I moved to the US my sewing machine is best buddy!  Next week I will go back to Japan!  I can't wait!!

Have a good evening, Everyone!

Thank you for reading!

Masumi.xo

You Might Also Like

0 コメント